PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING AN ENTRY
THE CHALLENGE, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Continuously swimming a mile, going every 45 minutes,… times 8.
- This is a faster swim than the other Zwim events but not as long in duration. 6 hours…hence fewer swimmers needing accommodation but may appeal to seriously training competitive Masters swimmers, as well as fast, long distance open water swimmers.
- Whatever is left of the 45 minutes, is the rest period. No variations allowed.
- Solo or Teams of two (only)- each swimmer doing a mile within 45 minutes. In a team, both team swimmers must be able to rep under 45 minutes to avoid overlap. Please submit a realistic rep time for seeding purposes.
- Those wishing to swim as a team, please enter together, with a short team name. Both team members and solos will need to register with photo ID on the day please.
- All entrants must complete an entry form and online payment. You will then receive an acknowledgement of acceptance. If you do not, check all form and payment is correctly completed then please email immediately. Please type your details carefully.
- Any swimmer withdrawing from the event does so on the understanding that their fee is forfeited, and a donation is given to the year’s charity. Sorry, no refunds or transferable entries.
- You get out of the pool, eat, drink, toilet and sleep or whatever, in the rest periods – but obviously no alcohol!
- Swimmers will set off from the dedicated end only, -no diving please.
- Any recognised swimming costumes – Full Body suits and non-FINA approved suits actively encouraged. Clean wetsuits allowed.
- Any stroke is permissible – any combination, speed and any style. No swim aids apart from mp3/ metronome.
- If you feel ill- you get out immediately please!
- Swimmers must be competent swimmers, acclimatised to the cold and over 25 yrs on 31st December of the previous year (no exceptions).
- It is the swimmers’ and buddy’s responsibility to know the symptoms of hyperthermia/hypothermia/exhaustion.
- All swimmers and teams, must identify a non-swimming buddy, who is responsible for their event care. See Buddy tab for details.
- Numbers in the challenge limited on a first come/first served basis, conditionally when both form and payment are complete.
- The organisers maintain the right to limit places for safety and organisational reasons.
- Swimmers are fully respectful of each other, encouraging to all and exercise lane etiquette.
- Please refrain from bringing glass, pets, any naked flames or barbeques into the Lido complex.
- Any children must be fully supervised by parents at all times and kept away from any water areas, including paddling areas. This is an adult event and no facilities are available for children.
- All swimmers take part knowing that they take full responsibility of their actions, have satisfied themselves of their fitness, have a doctor’s clean bill of health, have taken all reasonable steps to prepare for the challenge and understand that neither the organisers nor anyone connected with the event, accept responsibility for their fitness. The organisers have taken all reasonable risk factors into account, make adaptions where appropriate and you are encouraged to read the risk assessment on the website.
- Your details will be deleted from technology and any paper copies within 2 weeks after the event and not passed on to 3rd parties or individual charities.
- You are encouraged to fund raise for your own choice of charity for this swim or use Zwim Events' chosen one for the year- see G12 pages for details..